Sunday, December 23, 2012

Quick Gift Wrapping Ideas

The Penmaker and I
are heading out for a days jaunt to Ikea in Pittsburgh, then our annual drive through Oglebay in Wheeling for the Winter Festival of Lights.


This year there are
seventy-eight light displays including the new amusement part themed Strong Man display added next to a Ferris Wheel and Carousel. There is also a new Leaping Frog display and an animated Volcano. Can't wait to see these!


This is the extravagant
Cinderella display that took two years to complete... one of my favorites.


The gorgeous Poinsettia 
Wreath and Candles display... this is breathtaking!


This is just a sampling
of the beautiful displays that decorate the 300 acres over the six mile drive we take through the resort. We've been making this trip for years, starting when our children were young. Such a fun and inspiring event! If you're in the area, the displays are up and lighted until January 6th, 2013.
I had a few small gifts
to wrap for some of our grandchildren that I had purchased after the bulk of the presents, and had already put away most of the papers, ribbons, etc. So I pulled out tissue, dies, jute and scrap papers from my card making stash, and did some quick creating.




 These are just some
ideas for you if you have a last minute package to wrap. Have fun and enjoy the season!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Linda

4 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

wonderful gift wrap there, and thanks for sharing those awesome picture, we went the christmas light show last year, but I just do not have the skill to capture those beauties at night, I am that bad at indoor and night photography!

Lisa said...

Your packages look so elegant and gorgeous!! I'd hate to tear into them!! I hope you have a wonderful, safe trip!! Enjoy the beautiful lights!! And I hope you have a joyous holiday season filled with love, happiness and many blessings!! Merry Christmas :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Merry said...

Oh wow...what an awesome light display that must be if those photos are just a sample. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Wow, you decorate your packages so beautifully, Linda! I used to do that, too, BEFORE having kids. LOL ;) Just don't seem to have the time I used to.

The light show pictures are really amazing, too! YOu've gotten such clear shots of those pretty lights. Merry Christmas, my friend. And a blessed, healthy, prosperous 2013 to you, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...