Friday, October 9, 2015

Happy Birthday Pocket Card with a Tim Holtz Tag


After a glorious five days in Tennessee, we moved onto phase two of our trip, venturing up through Virginia, which was deluged with rain. (That was our original problem and why we switched from going to New York to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge.) We kept heading north, making it to Chambersburg, PA, where I realized I had an re-occurrence of a heath problem. So, back to home the next day, missing my stop at Surplus City. We did get to drive by, noticing that they had built a new facility twice as large (with probably twice as much fabric and lace, too.) I did manage four stops at Your Scrapbook Superstore in PF, so I really can't complain. All in all, we had a wonderful trip and are back in our craft room and workshop feeling much refreshed (and on the mend, thankfully.)


With our son's birthday tomorrow and me being down a few days, I had to come up with a card... fast! I took one of my Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2013 from January, and used it to make a pocket card.


I made the base from the K & Company 12 x 12 Tim Coffey fall paper pad. It also worked for a mat and two fussy cut pumpkins as a border. The more I work with this paper, the more I love it!



I gave the tag a new bow, removing my original one which I didn't like. This one is a strip of muslin I tore and stained with Rusty Hinge, Spiced Marmalade, and Gathered Twigs Distress Inks. The laser cut chipboard leaf by BoBunny is one of my treasures I found at YSS.




This tag is made from BoBunny's DoubleDot paper in gingerbread vintage. I heat embossed it with Ranger's gold embossing powder, giving it an edge by sponging on the clear embossing ink. 


I added a tiny envelope, also embossed, to the back of my tag for the gift card.


Thanks so much for listening to my ramblings...
I really appreciate you stopping by!
Linda

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Oooo I envy your trip to the scrapbook store in PF. Always fun to go there. You found a great way to incorporate the tag you made in your card. Lovely embellies as always. Hope you are feeling MUCH better. Hugs!

Ros Crawford said...

It's wonderful and I'm sure your son will think so too!!

Davi said...

Fab card for your son Linda!! I love the fall colors and all the goodies you put together!! Sorry your trip was cut short but glad you are on the mend!!

Audrey Pettit said...

What an awesome birthday card, Linda! I think it's just genius to add one of your Tim Holtz 12 Tags to a pocket card base. Looks amazing and works perfectly with your masculine design. Loving the fussy cut pumpkin border, and your skeleton leaf, too. Fabulous!
So sorry to hear about your health issues, though. That is no fun to have to cut your trip short. Hope you're completely back to your old self soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...