Friday, July 29, 2011

City Crafter Challenge #67

The amazingly talented Ros is
hosting this week and has given a Photo Inspiration Challenge .


This lovely bed set is from the Vintage 
Collection, but your creation doesn't have to be vintage. You can make a card, ATC, tag or any sort
of project, the way this photo "speaks" to you. A fun idea!


I used my Fall In Love Kit from Pixie
Dust Paperie . Kirsty is a master at putting together matching elements. I used the American Crafts Pastel Pink cardstock and Melissa Frances' Jackie, Kayla and Order. I cut the piece of Order with a Spellbinders Blossom die. I inked all edges, except the blossom, with Antique Linen Distress Ink.


The doily came in the kit, as well as the 
crinkled seam binding. The Queen & Co pearls are from my stash. I used Jet Black Archival Ink from Ranger for my stamped bird, which was a closeout item at Pat Catan's last year. I colored it with Antique Linen, Spun Sugar and Peeled Paint Distress Inks using a number 3 round, red sable brush.
A simple, basic card... which is how I see the photo.
Have a fabulous day!

8 comments:

Arlene said...

Absolutely beautiful! Love love love your take on this photo inspiration! :)

Ros said...

Oh gorgeous Linda ... I love those little birds ... thank you so much for joining us this week at CCCB ... have a lovely day

June Houck said...

Your image is beautiful! I agree, that Kirsty is a masterful coordinator of papers and embellies.

Audrey Pettit said...

How beautiful, Linda! Love all the pink and feminine touches here, and love that sweet bird. It looks fantastic layered on the flower die and then on the doily. Love the addition of the pearl details, too. :)

Unknown said...

Oh my stars.. Your card is beautiful.. Your rocked our challenge this week.. Ros sure did pick wonderful colors to play with.. Thanks for joining us again.. Hugs, Linda

Stella said...

Linda this is pure beauty in pink. I love Melissa Frances papers and you created a fabulous card. The bird and the flower are making a gorgeous centerpiece and the addition of a doily and pearls is the icing on the cake. Love it!
Have a great weekend; hugs!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

How pretty, totally in love with the soft and romantic feel, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

cnelson said...

Oh soooo PRETTY! Thank you so much for joining us at CCCB!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...