Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Sentimental Sundays Challenge #81 & Top Three


is "Thanksgiving/Thank You". You really need to see what the talented Design Team has come up with for this one.
Here is mine...


I did a lot of playing around 
with this card. I've been spending an excessive amount of time watching Lisa's videos at Blue Moon Scrapbooking and picking up new ideas I wanted to try. The cardstock for my base is Core'dinations Canvas Texture in Bright White and Kraft Outlet's Brown Kraft cardstock for the mat base. I again used the Breeze 6 x 6 Designer Paper Pad from My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Two which is going fast. My Crop-A-Dile was used to round the corners. I sponged Gathered Twigs Distress Ink to the edges.


I used the Tim Holtz Alterations 
Mini Ticket Set to cut these three pieces of Kraft, a scrap of green cardstock and the DP and adhered them together. I stamped it with an old Scrapping Cats Set and Black Archival Ink. Since I haven't purchased the tag die yet, I traced the pattern of a plain one onto my DP and cut it out. Then embossed it with Cuttlebug's Birds & Swirls Embossing Folder, ran the new Evergreen Bough Distress Ink over top, and when it was dry, I brushed on a coat of Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint. When that was dry, I rubbed Gathered Twigs Distress Ink into the cracks and on the edges. I put on a wide eyelet from We R Memory Keepers with my Crop-A-Dile setter. Added the ticket with foam adhesive tape.


I next cut two birds with my new
Sizzix Basic Grey Bird #5 Die from a scrap of Ice Cream cardstock. I put that extra wing atop the bird with a piece of foam adhesive and added a teeny rhinestone for it's eye. I popped it up with 3-D foam adhesive. 


A Prima flower, Recollections
mini roses and I Am Roses tiny roses along with a few Martha Stewart punched Oak Leaves finished my project.
I'm happy to tell you that my
wedding card from last week's SS Challenge #80 was chosen in the Top Three.
I'm also THRILLED to tell you
that I am once more going to be Grandma to another precious grandbaby due next June... can hardly wait! God is so good!

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs!
Linda

4 comments:

June Houck said...

Lovely, as usual! Congrats on your top three project too AND becoming a grandma again :) My girls were born June 7th, and they are super sweet. I can't wait to "meet" your June grand-baby.

Audrey Pettit said...

SO completely gorgeous!!

Tracy said...

Your card is so lovely! Great mix of all those elements and love your improvisations to get the things you want but don't have yet. Look out Archivers huh. LOL
Congrats on your Top Three at SS! I saw that and wasn't a bit surprised. :-)

Nazeema Calypso Thompson said...

You did an amazing job with this card!!! Love all your beautiful layers, birds, tag, flowers!!! Exceptional work.

AND....

Thank you for joining us at Sentimental Sundays!! It truly is a pleasure having you play in our challenges and I love seeing your creations.

Hugs,
Calypso

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...