Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Cooling Down With City Crafter

July...
that takes some "Cooling Down" time, and I'm joining the girls at City Crafter Challenge Blog this week as Guest Designer and doing just that. Our  hostess, Wendy, is calling for projects using this gorgeous palette of cool colors.


I thought I'd go with a layout...


My "cool" colors
come from the help of Pink Paislee's Hope Chest collection that I bought in Virginia at Scrapdoodles. I wanted to remember that time... the newness of a unfamiliar store, the just released papers I had yet to see, the friendly ladies behind the counter. Just maybe this layout will bring that all back to me as time goes by.


My photo is mounted
on some Prima packaging and the tag is made from another one. The wood button is from Prima. 


The lace is from Surplus City.
The doily is cut with Alterations Distressed Doily die.


I fussy cut the
leaves and roses and popped them up with 3-D foam adhesive. 


I tinted Golden molding
paste with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink and applied it using Crafters Workshop Confetti stencil. Then splattered randomly with Lindy's Stamp Gang T-Bird Turquoise Flat Fabio spray.


The flourish is the piece
here that I hadn't used and has been laying on my desk patiently waiting for a home. It now has one under the I Am Roses flowers.


I also tinted some
cheesecloth with the PFDI and tucked it under the flowers. The bliss stick pin is from my stash. I fussy cut the butterfly from a sheet of Graphic 45 DP.


The zipper is from Prima.

Don't forget to stop by
the City Crafters Blog and check out all the projects the girls have created for you. Then create something beautiful yourself and enter. I'll look for you there.

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda
the

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW Linda!! I don't know where to start! Your page is FABULOUS!! I love all the detail and beautiful laters!!! Just gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

Couldn't agree more Linda, you have made a supercool page with all the right colours and embellishments, I'm enjoying looking at all those lovely details!
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Unknown said...

How wonderful it is, Linda! Zippy detail is cute! ))

Ros Crawford said...

Yay! I'm so glad you are guesting with us ... this LO is so beautiful and the details are amazing ... how I would love to sit and craft with you ...

AppleApricot Wen said...

Oh my goodness dear Linda, what a stunning take on the theme for this week! I'm really happy you're our guest designer :) It's so gorgeous, love all the details, the beautiful laces, the flowers and leaves, the cute little tag, the cheesecloth, the gorgeous papers you used... Loved that you used packaging too!

Wishing you a great day. Hugs, Wendy

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a beautiful layout!! Lovely layers with such pretty details, thanks for being our guest this week at CCCB, so glad and honored to have you my friend!

Lisa said...

This is absolutely stunning, Linda!! All of the details are just amazing!! And the colors are beautiful!! I especially love the zipper - so awesome!! Gorgeous, gorgeous layout!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

What a beautiful page you have doen for our inspiration this week ♥

Davi said...

Linda That is a gorgeous LO! I how you used the beautiful colors and all the fabulous embellies, what a great way to remember your trip ;)

Line said...

So beautiful !

Tracy said...

Such a beautiful layout to commemorate your shopping trip Linda. Te blues are so soothing, perfect for the inspiration photo. Lovely fussy cutting and mixed media accents. Hugs!

Audrey Pettit said...

Holy Cow! This is stunning! Gorgeous and feminine and fabulous! Love every little detail here, especially that fun zipper pull and the curled back paper!

Sue Lelli said...

Linda, your page is absolutely breath taking! Too many details to comment on but I LOVE them all! I could look at it for hours and still see something new! CONGRATS on your GD position! Well deserved!

lauren bergold said...

oh wow, oh wow, oh ♥WOW♥!!! this is beyond magnificent, i am blown away by all of the layers and details and the sheer perfection of this gorgeous LO!!!! (& again i say, 'wow'!!!!) ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...