Thursday, July 4, 2013

July 4th Holiday


Happy Independence Day
to all my American friends. I'm going to enjoy the holiday with some crafting... hopefully... and maybe a cookout on the patio. Those are my plans... we'll see what happens though.


This is my version of
Audrey's "Woodsy Americana" flag (check it out here). I can tell you, painting tiny stars on a twig wasn't as easy for me as it looked and I obviously thought I needed more room for the jute between them. My son said it's rustic so it's okay... I'm always thankful for the support of my family!
Have a great day!

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

8 comments:

Sheila said...

This is absolutely GORGEOUS! Love it! Happy fourth!

Lisa said...

This is just fabulous!! I love the look!! You did an amazing job, Linda!! Have a safe and happy 4th of July :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

Happy 4th of July, enjoy the celebrations Linda. What a lovely idea to use twigs and turn them into your national flag, supercool! Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Tracy said...

I loved Audrey's star so getting to see your version is a treat. It turned out great. Brownie points for your so with the good art eye. :-) Hugs!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a SUPER FUN patriotic project you created!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Wow this is amazing!! What a great job you did ... those stars are sooo tiny! I hope you had a wonderful day ... enjoy your weekend!

Audrey Pettit said...

Rustic, YES! That's exactly what it's supposed to be and I think this turned out PERFECT, Linda! So, so glad you were inspired to try this fun flag! It looks great!

lauren bergold said...

oh ♥WOW♥!!!!! that is amazing and sooooo fabulous! (& wow yeah... stars on a curyvy twig??!?! can't even imagine how fiddly THAT was but you did brilliantly!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...