Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Eat, Drink & Be Scary Fall Card


With the few scraps and a half a sheet left from last years purchase of Graphic 45's An Eerie Tale, I pulled together another Fall card... pocket variety.


I love any paper with a plaid or checked pattern, so this orange and purple one drew my attention when I first saw it. I bought these sheets last year when we were staying at a condo in Tennessee, just across the street from Your Scrapbook Superstore. I've mentioned this place lots of times... one of the few fully stocked independent scrapbook stores still around. You have to visit them if you're ever in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge.



I added two small tags to this card for sentiments... one in the usual side pocket and another in a front pocket I made by attaching a glassine bag. 


I did some fussy cutting and added lots of 3-D foam adhesive for dimension. 



This is the glassine bag pocket topped with a scrap of lace... a trio of rhinestones in the corner to add a little bling.


The flowers are a Botanica by Petaloo and S-11 blooms from I Am Roses.



We are catching up on work around the house today after the long weekend. I'm helping the Penmaker clear up the area at the back of our property the leads into the woods. He's been cleaning it out all summer and we're almost ready to plant grass back there. If you're susceptible to poison oak or ivy... it's not the place to be! Hopefully we can get it under control. 



Cassidy's coming to check out what I'm doing.


Back along that second tree line on the other side of the corn field is the river and the canal path where we go walking. We've been here about 44 years now and never get tired of this view.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, you know I am all about this card, my friend! A theme right up my alley, and SO beautifully crafted! I love the double pocket on here! The addition of the glassine bag with the lace scrap is divine. Now you're making me want to dig to see if I have any of this paper left! <3
And how fun to see the beautiful view from your yard! Looks like a little piece of paradise!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...