Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Eternity Art Journal Spread


Good morning, friends!
Today I'm sharing a spread I did last week in my Photos art journal that I created for a guest spot at the Eclectic Paperie blog in 2014. I later went on to revise the cover and instead of a family photos journal I'm using it as my weekly art journal. I love working on the old book pages as opposed to blank pages.


My texture is coming from layers of Super Heavy Gesso by Liquitex under and over lots of stickers from Tim's Lost & Found Salvage Stickers. I hardly ever use these things, so this gave me an opportunity to not feel bad about buying a great product and leaving it lay in storage.


I love the underlying colors and the bits of text that peek through.


I sponged on Brushed Corduroy, Frayed Burlap, Ground Expresso, and a touch of Festive Berries Distress inks and finished with outlining and smugging with an extra soft charcoal pencil.


The butterfly is from Tim's Crowded Attic SS pack which I definitely have used more (I'm a neutral girl when it comes down to it). The sentiment Eternity is from My Mind's Eye Record It Heirloom Alpha & Word Stickers.



Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Audrey Pettit said...

The pages look awesome, Linda! I think this is such a great use for those stickers! I love all the depth it adds, and that bit of text peeking through is amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...