Saturday, March 5, 2016

Jar Lid & Pink Roses Pocket Card


Today I got to play with some of my new Tim Holtz supplies that came in the mail last week. I created this pocket card with the Prima Lifetime papers teamed up with some Marion Smith digitals.


I've noticed a lot of projects lately made with jar lids. In fact, in the fall, my daughter-in-law made me an adorable pumpkin decor piece made with them. This said, I decided to go with the fad and try one on my card as a frame for my bird image. I surrounded it with lots of I Am Roses pink flowers and Petaloo velvet leaves.


I added some lace to soften it up a bit and a little cheesecloth that I colored using Twisted Citron and Peeled Paint Distress inks. I put in a couple of mini crocheted doilies, burlap string and pink roses. I popped my image up with a square of corrugate.


To the right side I added a border cut with my new Alterations Thinlits Stitched Ovals set, and for my tag I used the Idea-ology Rumnant Rubs Gilded Accents in gold.


This square frame I cut with Alterations Ornate Frame #2 in white cardstock. I applied a coat of Clear Rock Candy Distress crackle paint and when it was dry, I sponged it with Frayed Burlap Distress ink.


This afternoon, the Penmaker and I will be heading to The Colony Short Film Festival in Marietta, Ohio, to the debut of our son's newest documentary. This will be our first event for 2016 and the year looks like it will be a busy one for us.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend, my friends!

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

4 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

This is such a wonderful card!! What a clever idea and so effective!

Lisa said...

Oh wow, Linda, this is stunning!! I love the use of the jar lid!! How creative!! The papers and flowers are absolutely gorgeous!! The layers are amazing!! I love, love this!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, this is so beautiful, Linda! I haven't seen the jar lid idea before, and I just love it! Such a fun little "nest" for your birdie. Love how you lined it with lace and dyed cheesecloth. So fun seeing you rock the new Tim Holtz goodies, too. Really stunning, my friend!
How exciting about your son's new film release! What a fun weekend!

SewPaperPaint said...

I just love the colors on this piece and the amazing jar nest!!! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...