Thursday, January 18, 2018

Happy Birthday with a Valentine Look Pocket Card


Hello sweet friends!
I hope your week is going well and thanks for coming to visit!
I'm excited to show you my card for today because it's one of my favorites of all the new ones I've made lately. It's a little different in the fact it's both for a birthday and Valentine's Day.


This post has lots of photos because... as I said... I really love the way this one turned out and I want to show you all the details.


In this shot notice the pretty tin heart... some of my vintage Valentine stock... by TPC Studio. The "happy" was cut from Tim Holtz Metallic Kraft with Avery Elle's Elle-ments Sentiments Too. It's sitting on a little pocket with a tiny tag from the Graphic 45 Mon Amour Tags & Pockets


My little banner is stamped with AE's Sentiments Too matching stamp set.


The gorgeous flowers are by Prima. I love this collection as some of the flowers and the leaves have a bit of a gesso-like finish on them. The colors are an exact match for this Mon Amour collection.


The double frame was cut with Alterations Ornate Frame... the oval one they came out with first, which is my favorite of the two in the Bigz line.


The tiny heart foiled paper is Prima's Love Clippings.


I tied a double, white wrinkled seam binding bow onto the tag through the red, wide eyelet. 


There's a ton of craft foam and 3-D foam adhesive on this card... lots of dimension.


I would love to hear what you think about my card. I know we'll all busy, so I completely understand if you can't leave a comment. I am happy with this one though.

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Beulah Bee said...

Yes, this really is a lovely card--the many layers and just the right combination of colors and textures all balanced perfectly on the tag/card format. I do believe the Valentine papers are my most favorite of all and I'm inspired to see them used for other themes--why not!! They are beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...