Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Mom, 1921-2018

Us girls... 
(r to l) my sister Madelyne, Mom & Me on her 90th birthday, 2011.

Over the years I've posted cards I've made for my Mom's birthdays. I think, other than The Penmaker, she was my biggest fan. On Sunday afternoon she passed away... very peacefully, surrounded by family, and very much the same as my Dad had done eleven years earlier. In fact, Sunday would have been their seventy-seventh anniversary. 
This is how our son worded it in the obituary... 
Her beloved husband, Noah, passed away in 2006. It is, perhaps, fitting that Alice passed on March 18th as this is also the date of her wedding anniversary and there is little doubt that she decided to celebrate it with her husband in heaven.
The funeral will be Thursday, which would have been her 97th birthday.
Our son completed the article with...
Alice leaves behind her two daughters, Madelyne Pawley of Canton and Linda Breedlove of Bolivar, as well as five grandchildren, thirteen great grandchildren, and two great great grandchildren. All of whom adored her wild sense of humor, sly wit, wry observations and her desire to spoil them all rotten. Alice was a member of Open Door Baptist Church and was a born again Christian whose love for her family was only surpassed by her love for the Lord. Her favorite song was Beulah Land, though she also had an adoration for Ray Charles’ “Georgia On My Mind”. Alice will be missed but she leaves behind an incredible legacy of love and compassion.
I can only add... we long for the day when we will be reunited.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Linda, I am so, so sorry for your loss. I can't even image what you are feeling but my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. What a beautiful obituary your son wrote for her. And what a beautiful picture of you three, too. Thinking of you and sending hugs,

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Samra said...

I am so very sorry for your loss Linda. My heart goes out to you and your family.
With deepest sympathy,
Samra
Paper Talk with Samra

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...