Sunday, April 8, 2018

Shine Brightly Decor Piece


Hello and welcome!
Today I have a remake... from card to decor piece. I had originally created this as a card, but I was never quite satisfied with the results. I think it was the size. It was just too big for a card, so I decided to make it into something for around the house.


I grabbed some fabric from my boxes of fat quarters. I found one that was a perfect match for these papers. I covered a piece of corrugate with the fabric, added a mat of some other similar paper, then added my disassembled card.


I glued on a white button to the heart...


and one to the waist of the dress.
 I picked out a "Shine Brightly" title from my Tim Holtz pack of Quote Chips and inked the edges with Distress Vintage Photo. I added that to the dress form.


I put on some Prima Say It In Crystals in a rosy red color... so pretty!
Sometimes you just need to overhaul a project if it's not working for you. I'm lovin' this now!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...