Sunday, August 12, 2012

Try


Before I made my card
for the Guest Designer spot at City Crafters Challenge Blog, I printed out a test of three different sizes of the gorgeous Papillons image from The Graphics Fairy on plain copy paper. After choosing the sizes I needed and printing them on cardstock, I laid aside the test sheet. Today I saw it in a pile of designer papers on my desk, and thought, the weight of the paper would be perfect for the project I was beginning. Here is what I did...


I started with two
journal pages painted with Mustard acrylic craft paint. Then on my craft sheet, I rubbed on three colors of Distress Inks... Peeled Paint, Old Paper and Forest Moss... spritzed them with water and dipped my pages onto the wet mass of green colors. Dried with my heat tool and repeated the process.


 I sponged on additional
inks of those same colors filling in the bare spots and deepening the hues. Then with the Mini Wood Grain stencil from Crafters Workshop, I added more Forest Moss. Using my CW Mini Chicken Wire stencil, I applied jet black Archival ink with a sponge dabber. Next came the Luscious Leaves stencil and Peeled Paint.


I outlined the leaves
with Faber-Castell's black Pitt pen, added letters from Idea-ology's Salvage Stickers to spell Try and highlighted them with the Pitt pen and soft charcoal. Then fussy cut those fabulous butterflies and glued them to the pages. I put just a touch of Mustard Seed Stickles on the wings for some sparkle.


The saying is from
Stampers Anonymous' Stuff To Say... and is highlighted with with my white Gelly Roll pen. For a finishing touch, I splattered on some random drops of Dylusions Fresh Lime ink.


I'm so happy I
didn't toss that test copy in the trash can. You just never know what you can do with "leftovers".

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs!
Linda

6 comments:

jacirascrap said...

Um super trabalho, Linda!

Tracy said...

I am just in awe of all your journal pages Linda. I have tons of stuff to start playing with one of these and just haven't gotten up the gumption yet. Thanks for all your inspiration! Hugs!

Jane Wetzel said...

love these pages ...awesome :)

cnelson said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS! LOVE the sentiment!

Ros Crawford said...

This is wonderful ... what an amazing journal this is ... I am enjoying every page

Unknown said...

LOVE THIS. Everything about these pages are awesome. And I love the quote. Thanks for the inspiration my friend.

Hugs~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...