Saturday, May 10, 2014

A Successful Mid-Atlantic Penturners Gathering, A Huge Haul And Sad Goodbyes


The Penturner and I
are back from our stay at the Massanutten Resort condo we have been privileged to use for the last few years by the generosity of some dear friends. What made it extra special this year, was the fact that the Mid-Atlantic Penturners Gathering at Woodcraft was that same week. We were able to take the short drive down to Richmond and get in on the sessions and fellowship with my husband's penturner buddies.


I sat up a small display of
a few of my pen layouts and pocket cards. I had some very nice comments and was much encouraged by them. The pocket cards are just perfect for inserting a pen for gift giving.


On our way, we made
a "slight" detour to stop at Scrapdoodles in Fredericksburg. I was devastated when earlier in the year I heard that they would be going out of business. I had no idea at the time that I would be able to get back there before they closed. You can imagine how happy I was when the Penmaker said we would swing by that way and run in for one last shopping spree. Oh wow, did we shop. He kept encouraging me to buy and I obeyed. Everything that week was at half price. I picked up several Tim Holtz stamps sets, Pink Pasilee Hope Chest papers, Idea-ology cabinet card frames, Claudine Hellmuth black gesso, Golden light molding paste, alpha stickers and on and on. I just hated walking out of there for the last time, but I must say the bags full of supplies made the bitter pill easier to swallow.
After leaving Fredericksburg,
we decided to run over to Hanover Courthouse and have lunch at a cute little place called Houndstooth Cafe that we use to go to when we had our Civil War book business. They were closed when we got there. Another hungry expectant patron pulled up at the same time, a local, who said it was rather hit and miss on the hours. Judging by the condition, we probably will not be able to enjoy this great little place again. We pulled away remembering happier past experiences at the little cafe. Another sad goodbye.


All in all, we had a
fantastic trip, and as soon as I can get creating again, I'll have something to show you, hopefully made with some of my new goodies!

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

1 comment:

Audrey Pettit said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip, although tinged with some bittersweet moments, too. So sad your favorite scrap store is going out of business. All of our stores here are now gone. Really does make me sad...
But on a positive note, sounds like you have an awesome new haul to play with. Looking forward to seeing your new creations!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...