Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Some Mini Gift Tags with My New Sidekick


Hi folks!
I'm switching things up today with some Christmas gift tags made with my new Tim Holtz Sidekick. I have to confess, when I heard Sizzix was coming out with this, I said to my husband I certainly don't need another die-cutting machine. I have a Vagabond and a Cuttlebug, why would I need anything else. Then I watched Tim's Live presentation on Facebook and changed my tune. The convenience of having a small machine right beside me as I work could be invaluable. And it has proved to be just that. I LOVE this tool and I wonder how I struggled along without it.
Now to the tags.
My prep on these took longer than the actual assembling time. I started by cutting out a ton of tags from any and all Christmas paper scraps and my Christmas TH 8x8 paper stacks. Then I lined up all sorts of small embellishments and die-cuts made with my Alterations Christmas dies. I won't go into much detail on these. This first was heat embossed using one of the stamps that came with the Sidekick and white embossing powder. The tree die is from Thinlits Home For The Holidays.


This one is folded and opens like a card.


The dies are from Thinlits Festive Greens and Winter Wonderland. From Idea-ology are Tiny Bells and Wood Slices.


The dies are Thinlits Home For The Holidays and Labels.


Sizzix Bigz Candlelight.


The first of many. 
I'll be back with the last card in my sympathy series.
Have a wonderful day!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Audrey Pettit said...

Awesome! What a great way to use up some paper scraps, and I adore all your layers and details on these!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...