Thursday, March 28, 2013

A Sneak Peek

I'm late getting
things done this morning... still in my pj's. I was excited to get back to work on a standing mini album made from an Ikea frame, and forgot to write my post... tisk tisk! To top it off, my desk is loaded with supplies and I have eyelets sticking to my arm as I try to reach across this mess to type. 
Just have to show you a peek at this...


It's Prima's Engraver
collection with some Printery thrown in and hanging from an Ikea Tolsby $1.49 frame...
but onto today's project.
This is just a couple playin' around mixed-media pages...


I bought this cheapo
composition book at Staples last year to use as a practice work journal. It's where I brush on my leftover paint and gesso. The problem I have with it is... the pages are ruled and thin. I have to glue two together and pile gesso on to cover the lines... then they wrinkle. (Anyone else go through this? Ideas?)


I'm linking up at:
Balzer Designs - Art Journal Every Day

I hope you all
have a wonderful Thursday... hey, the weekend's coming fast! Please check back tomorrow if you can... I'm dying to show you this hanging album.
Remember to watch for our Giveaway coming soon!

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Gorgeous sneak!! And your journal page is fabulous!! You did a great job covering the lines...you can't tell at all!! I love the design!! I only have two journals, one a Canson mixed media journal and a Dylusions one, and both papers are pretty sturdy, so I haven't had a problem with wrinkling yet. Happy Thursday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

I love PM papers and your sneak peek looks fab Linda, as does your journal pages, very crafty and artistic! Hugs, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, this is just beautiful, Linda! Love the colors, and all the masked background patterns are fabulous. I can see where this would really warp just a plain comp book. Perhaps creating your entry pages on watercolor paper or thicker cardstock first, and then adhering them into your book would eliminate some of the problem?

Unknown said...

Your journal pages look great. I have done the very same thing. And Yes my pages always have wrinkles in them. But I kinda like the texture it give.

Hugs~

Tracy said...

Lovely pages - I like the colours. I'd go with Linda R and ignore the wrinkles. I don't worry about lines showing through, either. I find it all adds interest and texture.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...