Sunday, May 26, 2013

Trying Something New

Yesterday I felt in
the mood to work with some fabric. I pulled out a piece of canvas, some white crinoline, Artistic Outposts Serenity stamp set and Alterations Tattered Pinecone die. Uhmmmm... lots of playing going on in my studio, I can tell you. This is the outcome of my first experiment...


I stamped the serenity
image using Archival Jet Black, and the ink seemed to soak right into the canvas... rather like a ghosting effect. I liked it.



I cut a base of
Recollections kraft cardstock, then chose papers from the DCWV Timeless Type 8x8 stack. I decided to fussy cut the glossy roses with an X-acto knife, and edged them with Vintage Photo Distress Stain. I slipped the stamped canvas in behind, then popped up the roses with 3-D foam adhesive.  For a bit of embellishment, I added a Bo Bunny trinket and an Idea-ology bronze metal corner. Definitely different... with a vintage, distressed look.
The Penmaker has been
doing some experimenting of his own. Look what he's created...


Crazy beautiful, isn't it?


It's really surprising
to me that so many people still use fountain pens. I had know idea that they were popular, until he began making these.
I hope you're having
a wonderful Sunday... and for all our US friends... have a fun and safe Memorial Day tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

8 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

What a terrific card! I love how your stamping turned out ... and that pen is so lovely!

Lisa said...

A+++ on your experiment!! The canvas looks amazing!! I have that stamp set and now I want to create something just like this!! Absolutely gorgeous!! And wow, the pen is stunning!! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend :)

Hugs, Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Michelle said...

Beautiful card!

June Houck said...

Your experiment is a huge success! I love the effect, and your stitching makes it look finished and perfect.

I am happy that people still use fountain pens, but even if they didn't, they will want to start after seeing pens by THE PENMAKER!

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, I love that you've been playing with fabric, Linda! What a stunning result! The stamping on the canvas is just fabulous. Soooo love those intricately cut flowers, too. This is gorgeous! And so is that new pen!

Unknown said...

Fabulous effect, your stamping on canvas Linda, looks real delicate and that new pen is gorgeous! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Wow...awesome creation Linda...love your stamping on canvas and such a gorgeous pen, you both are so talented!

Merry said...

Love the card so many great textures.that sure is a beautiful pen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...