Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Traveler Birthday Pocket Card


The base for this birthday card is another of my oldies from My Mind's Eye... a pattern with a French flair. I gave it a top layer with a negative from an Alterations Postage Stamp Frame piece I had laying on my desk. A perfect fit for that 4.5x5.5" fold over section.


I used Alterations Vintage Cabinet Card and Mini Cabinet Card for the next two layers. I did doubles of them with a dark brown paper to give them a shadowed effect. The papers are from an old Farm House Fair Skies 6x6" pad. The chipboard notepad is from the same FH collection.


The ephemera pieces are all Tim Holtz Idea-ology, except for the ticket heat embossed with Happy Birthday To You. It was cut with the smaller Alterations Mini Tickets die, and is a scrap of that same MME. The metal screw heads are by Prima.


My insert tag is more paper from the Fair Skies pad. I made the tab using We R Memory Keepers Scallop Corner Punch. The wide eyelet is also from WRMK. The Journey Muse Token is from Idea-ology and the jute ribbon is from my May Arts stash.

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

5 comments:

Tracy said...

This would be awesome for a guy whether he travels our not. Great ephemera pieces and layering too. Hugs!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

You make the best pocket card, awesome!

SewPaperPaint said...

Another great tag card. I gave you a shoutout on my blog. :)
http://sewpaperpaint.blogspot.com/2015/09/fall-is-when-nature-turns-to-gold.html
Have a blessed day!

Audrey Pettit said...

Amazing! Love the vintage travel theme to this one! So, so perfect for a masculine card and so full of awesome detail!

Davi said...

I love all these layers and the cool papers you combined, AWESOME Linda ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...