Sunday, March 12, 2017

Historical Birthday Pocket Card


Hi friends. Some of you may remember that I, at one time, had a historical bookshop.... mostly dealing in American Civil War art, books and music. I still have an interest in the subject, and love creating cards with that theme. Thankfully, a few years back, I found some great papers that are, to my dismay, now discontinued.


Along with my SugarTree CW papers are a base and tag of Authentique's Banner from their Freedom collection and two from Bo Bunny... Weekend Market Vintage Labels and Juliet Heirloom. I also used a small piece of Tim Holtz Textured Surfaces (corrugate).


I backed my two CW kepi die-cuts with Metallic Kraft-core ovals cut with Alterations Thinlits Stitched Ovals, which I used for the border piece as well. The key is from my stash.


I wonder how many of us still enjoy reading a book... and I don't mean holding the newest Kindle Fire Tablet. I just purchased my second, and as much as I use it, have never gotten to the point of reading books on it. Believe me, I did try. There is just something about holding a physical copy of a Gladys Taber, Miss Read or William C. Davis book in my hands and turning the pages. Call me old fashioned... okay, I own it!

Hope you all have a happy Sunday! 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...