Monday, February 15, 2016

Masculine Vintage Cadillac Birthday Pocket Card & Addy's Valentine Box


The Carta Bella Home Sweet Home collection has some good B side patterns that lend themselves nicely to masculine projects. That's what my base and tag are on this card combined with a little of BoBunny Juliet and 7 Gypsies Lille. I know... it sounds more like a card for a lady than a man.


To help it along to a manly look, I added a Tim Holtz mini gear to the teastained Petaloo flower and border, and a couple of Prima metals to the corners. I tied on the sentiment tag (Alterations Tiny Tabs & Tags) with natural burlap string.


The Tim Holtz ephemera is by Idea-ology. 


The chipboard pieces are from FarmHouse, who I believe are no longer in business as I can't find any info on them and their blog has been taken down... so sad. They had some great product including awesome chipboard albums. 


The tag is tied with a scrap of MME Lost & Found ribbon and pinned with an Idea-ology Wire Pin with a Muse Token.


This year I had the honor of helping my granddaughter create her first Valentine box for her school party. Her mom gave us a Toy Story boot box that she thought would work, and we ran with it.


I left Woody's face exposed along with a bit of the red edging, but covered everything else with papers and lace trim. I did the sentiment on the computer, and cut lots of hearts with Spellbinder's Classic Hearts. I added some roses and leaves.


Then Addy and I went to work on gluing. What a joy! She a very eager worker, a born craftsmen...


and was pretty happy with the results! I am so blessed!

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Addy is so sweet!! What a beautiful picture of her!! I love her box!! Your card is fabulous, too!! The layers and details are awesome!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Audrey Pettit said...

Ooh, love your Route 66 vibe on this fabulous pocket card, Linda! Definitely has a masculine vibe, but really could work for anyone. Love the big map. Fabulous patriotic color scheme, too.
And seriously, that Valentine box just melts my heart! And it looks like it melted little Addy's heart, too! Way to go, Grandma! That is a home run!

Tracy said...

Isn't she a little doll! You guys did an awesome job on her box. Love that Woody. hee hee Wow is that car image really cool. Great guy card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...