Thursday, February 18, 2016

Mixed Media Enchanted Garden Pocket Card


Working with Bo Bunny's Enchanted Garden papers here and playing with inks. I really need a couple good days of working in my art journal, but haven't been able to find the time. This card gave me that release of energy that getting my fingers dirty with ink does for me. A freedom of expression.


I worked with Peeled Paint, Bundled Sage and Twisted Citron Distress inks rubbed out on my craft mat, sprayed with water and dabbed onto a piece of white cardstock... several times and drying with my heat tool in between. I used the Alterations Thinlits Mixed Media little circles die on it next, then sponged the edges with Frayed Burlap DI. I did the same with a scrap of paper, and stamped it with Tim Holtz Nature Walk Fig.1, etc, stamp.


Next I did the leaves using some of the Enchanted Garden paper with green tones. I stamped it with the leaf stamp from that same set of Tim's with Jet Black Archival. I fussy cut them and heat embossed each with Ranger's UTEE.


The wood butterflies are from my favorite wood shop in Tennessee. The tag is decorated with a silver eyelet, a hand-dyed seam binding bow (same Distress ink colors), a garment pin, a crystal rondel bead and a fairy charm.


The flowers are Petaloo. I just bought the smaller ones, which are called Chantilly Velvet Hydrangea. As always I had to get all the colors, but yellow would have been good as well. 


The circle tag here, came on some seam binding I had just purchased, and worked in perfectly with the colors. I love using found treasures!

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, this is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the colors!! What beautiful papers!! This is stunning, Linda!! Have a great evening!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such beautiful work Linda, layers and layers of beauties!

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! How gorgeous, Linda! Such a striking color combo! I rarely use purple, but you make me love it! And I adore the Twisted Citron in here! That is one of my all-time fave colors, and I don't use it enough. So love the whole spring time, garden feel to this. The little fairy and the little bug just make me smile, and the flowers are amazing. LOVE the mixed media die cut here, too! Wow!

Ros Crawford said...

Beautiful!!! I love the colours and your added interest of the painted papers!

Tracy said...

These beautiful colors make me automatically think of my favorite flowers--hydrangeas. Lovely rich shades and apparently lots of inky fun to obtain. Pretty, pretty my friend. Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...