Sunday, March 20, 2011

Decor For A Darling

My daughter, Sarah, recently asked me if I would make her first born 
(one of my three darling granddaughters) two frames with Bible verses to hang in her bedroom. I made her these:


The frames are wood so I sealed them with a coat of white acrylic paint. When 
dry, I brushed on a coat of Mod Podge and topped with the selected paper and smoothed out with the edge of my wood ruler to release any air bubbles. I cut out the center with my craft knife and a #11 X-Acto blade, then trimmed all excess paper along the sides. I gave all the edges a nice, smooth finish by sanding them with a heavy duty emory board.


This is My Mind's Eye Market Street "Lovely" - French Stripe DP. The roses 
and leaf trim I purchased from shops on Etsy, and the pink sheer ribbon is Joanns.


Pastel pink cardstock came from my ever increasing stash. The banner flags 
and alphas are My Mind's Eye Fine and Dandy - Tickled Pink Banner Stickers. 


The banner is hung with bakers twine (another Etsy find) and this is the same 
lace you see showing up on most every card I've made lately. This was one of those purchases you come across once in a great while and wish to tell the whole world about because of the earth shattering low price. And yes, I bought all that was on the bolt!


Have a Happy Day!

4 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Gorgeous cards Linda! Love the beautiful roses and sweet banners!

Ros said...

Linda these are amazing ... I love the colors and the beautiful flowers ... I'm sure these will be treasured ...

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, Linda! These are beautiful! I just love the pink and the stripes, and how lovely are the vines and flowers, too. Super sweet verse and I adore the banners. LOVE these!

Stella said...

Your granddaughter is blessed with an amazing grandmother. Linda you did an amazing job with these frames. A handmade treasure; GORGEOUS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...