Wednesday, August 17, 2011

City Crafter Challenge #71

Scrap Happy!


Cheryl is back as Hostess
and has set as the challenge of using only scraps on your project... piece a cake, right! Who doesn't have tons of scraps laying around their craft space.


I first pulled out my Springtime Pixie Kit
and went through all the leftovers. I settled on the gold, black and tan shades, then hunted out a few more pieces in my general scraps bag.


The brad is from a pack of My Minds
Eye Lost and Found that is just down to a couple left. My son-in-law gave me the button.


I found a cut I Am Roses Apple 
Blossom and painted it with Folk Art Metallic Champagne. Added it with two Recollections mini roses from another kit and some punched oak leaves.



The kraft border is from a longer piece I 
had made for another project and the gold strip with the faux stitching is from OA's Modern Homemaker "Flour Sack". The Graphic 45 stickers were from my much depleted Country Farm Stand Kit.
I'm happy these scraps have found a home!

9 comments:

Ros said...

I would never have thought that you just used scraps here ... this is gorgeous!! ... thanks so much for playing along at CCCB

Karen said...

What a beautiful vintage inspired design jusr remarkable. I really like it very much.
karen
www.littlescrappieces.blogspot.com

Audrey Pettit said...

I absolutely adore a good use-your-scraps challenge, and you completely nailed this one, Linda! I think this is beyond stunning. It is, by far, one of my top faves of yours. :)

Lori said...

Isn't it amazing what you can do with scraps? This is so pretty! Love the color palette!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Absolutely gorgeous, not only I love your beautiful card, I enjoy the photo of your pixie scraps too, kind of bring back sweet memories....
thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Sylvia said...

Gorgeous card, Linda! It is so much fun using scraps! Rewarding, too. Love what you put together using pieces of the kit. Your cards are always so beautiful. Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful Thursday!

Unknown said...

Such a wonderful card.. You have a lot of wonderful scraps my friend. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Stella said...

Your scraps are amazing and the card you made..sigh. I love that vintage image and that border; wow!

cnelson said...

Truly LOVELY!!! Thank you for playing along with us at CCCB!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...