Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A Recycled Christmas Card Tag

Last year I put away all 
the Christmas cards we received in hopes of recycling. Well, I did just that with one of them last night...


I fussy cut the front panel
off of a card and mounted it onto a Spellbinder's Deckled Rectangle die cut.


Then I adhered it to a 
tag I cut from Teresa Collins Christmas Cottage "Sentiments". 


I tied on red May Arts
burlap string at the top along with a silver jingle bell. Then wound some around the bottom of the tag and topped the bow with a Teresa Collins brad. Quick and easy!


This second one is some 
more of my odds and ends. I cut the tag from Echo Park's This & That Christmas "Plaid & Dots" paper.


The chipboard frame,
sentiment piece and poinsettia circle are all from a set I bought super cheap a couple years ago. The green shabby wrinkled seam binding is from Prairie Bird Boutique. The tinsel trim is from my stash and the lace is American Crafts.


I fussy cut the deer
from a scrap of Webster's Pages Waiting For Santa "Fa-La-La" (another beautiful old collection I have hoarded). The music sheet is from Jenny Bowlin called Red Love Song. It, too, is now reduced to a tiny scrap of a memory.
I can in all honesty say
that I LOVE making tags. I have to start making more of them throughout the year.

Thanks for the visit!
I love you guys!
Linda

3 comments:

Lisa said...

These are gorgeous, Linda!! I love the beautiful designs!! You are so creative to use last year's Christmas cards!! I save all mine, thinking I will recycle them, but I never get around to it...you have inspired me!! Have a great evening :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

These are so beautiful.....yay for recycling!!!!

Ros Crawford said...

Gorgeous tags ... they are a gift on their own!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...