Friday, December 21, 2012

Happy Christmas

Zorana has the cutest
free printable for December here. When I downloaded it this morning, I immediately started work on a journal page using her darling bird trio. 


The background is a
blend of titanium white, cerulean blue and grey for the sky with parchment, titanium white and raw umber artist acrylics for the yard. The stars were made with Golden's molding paste and Crafter's Workshop Mini Punchinella stencil.


The houses were stamped
on paper from 7 Gypsies Lille 8x8 pad, fussy cut and glued to the page. The trim was "painted" in using Barn Door Distress Ink... the windows with Mustard Seed DI. The fence was done the same way using Vintage Photo DI. The Christmas greenery and bow are from my vintage stash.


The tree stamp and
the sentiment are from old sets from Sweet 'n Sassy. I used Jet Black Archival for them.


To complete the page,
 I edged it with Black Soot DI. May you have a Happy Christmas!

I'm linking my page at:
Balzer Designs - Art Journal Every Day

Thanks for stopping by today!
Linda

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, this is stunning!! Absolutely beautiful scene you've created!! I love it!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

My name is Erika. said...

I love using house images. Love this page- the stars add a lot and I really like the big birdie.

Zorana said...

I would love to walk right into your lovely scene. It seems serene and delightful. My birdies feel at home!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful page, I love the great texture too!

Ariel said...

The home that you've created looks so beautiful. That tree in the background looks so real.
Merry Christmas
Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...