Monday, June 10, 2013

A Happy Make It Monday Morning

As some of you may
have noticed, I've been entering most of my projects at Make It Monday for quite awhile now! This morning I discovered an interesting bit of information that undoubtedly everyone knew except me... that along with the featured entry and winning commenter, the DT also have a featured pick on their blogs! I did not know this until just a few minutes ago, and am so happy in that Lisa S featured Katie's paper bag mini album. Katie will be thrilled when I tell her. She's at Bible School, so I'll have to wait until this afternoon to let her know. Thank you so much, Lisa.
Today I have a card to enter....


It's rather more of a
mixed media project than just a card... so I thought I'd do a step-by-step through some of the embellishments.


I started with a quick
mist of Lindy's Maidenhair Fern Green Starburst and some dabs of Tarnished Brass Distress Stain onto a chipboard frame and grunge board flourish.


A coat of gesso...
then more of the spray and DS. I dry with my heat tool between each layer.


I rubbed some of
the gesso onto a Idea-ology metal ornate plate as well, then some of the Tarnished Brass DS. On went a thick coat of Clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint (frame and flourish).


Look at this fabulous texture.


This is the best crackle effect I've ever gotten.


The card base is
Recollections kraft cardstock along with black textured cardstock for the mats. The DP are the Kaisercraft 75 Cents collection.


I tinted some Golden
molding paste with the Tarnished Brass DS and put it on with my pallet knife using Prima's Poppies and Peonies mask.


While I was working on this,
my son Ethan walked in my studio, looked down at my waste basket and asked why I had thrown away a mirror. Startled, I looked in and saw the box top from my Puffs tissues with Vicks I had put there. Ahhh... an idea! I grabbed it up, gave it a thin coat of the Tarnished Brass DS and glued it to the back of the frame... perfect! I popped it up with 3-D foam adhesive. That butterfly in the center is from the 75 Cents 6.5 inch paper pad.


I finished with lots
of white flowers from I Am Roses and some Martha Stewart punched oak leaves... another of my heavy-weight cards! Oh, and by the way... the flourish didn't look right, so it's now on this pile of embellishments on my desk next to Ros's beautiful card.
Have a happy Monday, friends!

I'm linking up at:
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Paper Playtime - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

14 comments:

Unknown said...

love how you made your frame Linda! That craquelure effect is amazing, almost looks like old copper, what a delightful creation this is! Hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

S`andra V. said...

Awesome! I have not worked with gesso or other medium yet. Got to give it a try. Love how this turned out. Love how the colors came together. Thanks for sharing.
http://OhmyScraps2U.blogspot.com

Jill said...

gorgeous creation thanks so much for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Lisa said...

This is just gorgeous, Linda!! The crackle texture looks amazing!! I love the colors and design!! What a stunning project!! Congrats to Katie!! Happy Monday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Sharon said...

This is so very beautiful!!! Love all of the layers, embellies, textures and colors. The flowers are so very pretty, too. Thank you so very much for playing with us for our 'Anything Goes' challenge!!!! :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

It is such a lovely project and so beautifully done!

Ros Crawford said...

What a beautiful card and wonderful effects ... I'm so happy for your granddaughter too! This will really spur her on ...

Unknown said...

Congrats on being featured. I am not surprised. Your work is awesome my friend.

Love your card, Thanks for showing us how it was made.

Hugs~

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Katy!!!!! That will be very exciting news for her!! And I LOVE your card I need to go back and really scope out how you did this technique!

Unknown said...

Your mixed media project is gorgeous Linda. I love the look of the crackle and I'm going to try this.

You are very talented and so is Katie! :)

I Don't Do Straight said...

Hi just popped by from MIM......Stunning card and the cameo frame is Beautiful :)

loz said...

Fabulous card and beautiful colors and Elements Linda.. I saw this on MIM..Loz

Tracy said...

LOL I can just imagine Ethan's face when you dug that out of the trash and used it. hee hee It's just gorgeous Linda. The texture on the frame looks so cool. A big congrats to Miss Katie I had seen her POTW at Lisa's. :-) Hugs!

Davi said...

Congrats ;) THis card is stunning!! I love the treatment on the chipboard.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...