Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fun & Games With Miss Empire

I have a layout to
show you that I created for my newest daughter-in-laws birthday. It has a bit of a story to go with it...


When I received my
last order from Bluemoon Scrapbooking and opened the packaging on the Kaisercraft Miss Empire collection of papers, I thought... wow! did I ever make a mistake on this! I had that collection on my wish list for months, and finally purchased it... but only the 12x12 collection pack.


After going through all
the papers, I was glad I hadn't bought everything available as I usually do. After the initial disappointment, I thought since I bought it, I had to use it. I pulled out several sheets to make the layout... I wanted a sort of fall look to it and the colors were just the perfect fit. Once I got started... it happened. I fell in love! Not head over heels... but the slow, steady kind that comes from staying the course. I really began to look at these patterns, and what I saw was amazing. They certainly won me over!


The flowers and leaves
are all from I Am Roses. Some are sprayed with Lindy's Stamp Gang Starbursts in Clam Bake Beige, Creme Brulee Cream, Maidenhair Fern Green and Tibetan Poppy Teal. The wooden butterflies are from Prima.


The doily was cut with
Alterations Distressed Doily die. The tissue tape is Idea-ology.


The metal flourishes are
from Momenta and the charm is from Bo Bunny. The teal leaf was given to me. 


The Distressed Ink is Frayed Burlap.


The B is Graphic 45's Staples.

I'm linking up at:
Make It Monday - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Well I glad to hear you started to love your purchase the more you worked with it. It is a beautiful page my friend..

Hugs~

Sandie said...

It is beautiful and I'm sure she will love it ... I can relate, some paper collections just don't appeal, but when created, can be so different and totally awesome like your page. Beautifully done!!

Ros Crawford said...

What a stunning page ... so full of interest ... Love all the details ... you put a lot of love into this and it shows!

Audrey Pettit said...

Well, I'd say you turned a paper disaster into a showcase, Linda! This is gorgeous! My jaw is hanging open at all those fabulous layers and details! I LOVE the monogram and the pop of teal and love all those flowers. WOW!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Amazing project! Love the beautiful bloom!

Chrissy said...

Stunning Linda..gorgeous colours and layout..love it.
Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...