Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Birthday Pocket

It seems that these
last three months have literally flown by... where did summer go? For being retired, I've been a very busy lady. I have several projects going at once, including three mini albums. My studio is a shambles!!!


Yesterday was our
son-in-law's birthday. Wanting to make a not so traditional birthday card, I used some of Marion Smith's printables to create this pocket and tags for him. 


The metal pieces are
from Idea-ology and Prima Mechanicals. The gem on the gear is a Prima Say It In Crystals. The flowers are all from Petaloo.


The hot air balloon was
fussy cut from her Romance Novel collection by Prima as were the cards and sentiment piece. I used Frayed Burlap Distress Ink on all the edges.


The brads are from My Mind's 
Eye. The black and natural burlap strings are by May Arts.


Two tags were put in
the pocket... I wrote a note on one and tucked in a little birthday cash... what every father with four children loves to receive!

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

6 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow, this is fabulous, Linda! LOVE the idea of a pocket envelope with tags for a birthday card. Who doesn't like to receive a little cash, right? I know I just gave some to my son for his birthday last week. ;)
LOVE how you've embellished this. The hot air balloon is really eye catching. Love the metal bits and the flowers, too!

Lisa said...

This is so creative and gorgeous!! I love the pocket envelope idea!! The embellishments you used are fabulous!! Happy Wednesday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Ros Crawford said...

Like you I am retired and I just don't know where the time goes! I never seems to have enough of it!
This is a gorgeous creation ... Everything you do is so lovely ... I'm sure your Son in law will be delighted with this!

Unknown said...

You are so right.. Time sure does fly.. I LOVE this. I always love seeing your work..

Hugs~

Sandie said...

He is so going to love his card, the printables you worked with are gorgeous. Summer is soon to start here.... and time, does just vanish.

Tracy said...

It's wonderful Linda! So many wonderful embellishments and a great manly feel. With all those projects going I bet your crafty space looked as bad as mine. LOL Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...