Thursday, January 7, 2016

You Are Loved Pocket Card


With the need to make that baby shower card I spoke of yesterday, I went ahead and created another Valentine card. I saw this lovely lady on a sheet of G45 Mon Amour paper and knew I had to use her image on a card. I am partial to black and white, so this collection was a must have for me. I made it into a pocket card so I would have that extra amount of space to work with, and I think I maxed it.


For the florals, I pulled out an older Prima flower and glued some ivory gathered tulle trim to the bottom. I teamed it up with an antique bronze leaf and some other flowers and leaves from I Am Roses. 


The "You Are Loved" and tiny heart pieces are from the MA Tags & Pockets and Decorative Chipboard packs. I bought the scalloped edged music paper hearts from an Etsy shop ages ago. It's funny how I can use up some things so fast, and others take me years to do so.


This antique bronze filigree is actually a row of tiny hearts. I topped it with a gold gem from Prima's Holiday Jubilee Say It In Crystals. With this close-up view, you can see that I edged my fussy-cut lady with Walnut Stain Distress ink. My tag is finished with an antique bronze wide eyelet and filigree heart with a seam binding bow that I'm sure Kirsty must have hand-dyed having come from one of her Pixie Dust Paperie kits.


I'm playing along at these challenges this week:

Allsorts Challenge - What's New?  (Mon Amour Collection)
Fab n Funky - Something New (Mon Amour Collection)
Frilly and Funkie - Holiday Hues (Valentines Day)
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by... I appreciate your visit!
Linda

5 comments:

Wendy L said...

This is stunning, such a great design. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxx

Tracy said...

Wowza! This is vintage chic for sure. Always a joy to see you work Linda. Hugs!

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi there, Linda! What a pretty card and wonderfully creative as well. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us, and I hope that you will stop by to play along with us again soon. Your cards are always such a treat. Have a great week.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

What a beautiful pocket card creation. Love the new stash! Thanks for joining in the fun with the Fab 'n' Funky girls for our first challenge of the New Year. We're so glad you did. Come back again soon! Big hugs, Wends x Fab 'n' Funky DT

Natalie said...

Delightful card! Great use of the G45 image! Love your vintage style on this. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...