Saturday, November 5, 2016

Begin Each Day With A Grateful Heart Decor Piece


This decor piece started out as a wall hanging, but after I caught sight of Linda's shabby chic project on her blog The Funkie Junkie, I switched gears. I haven't done a challenge for a long while, but she truly inspired me to go for this. I love what she created, so I incorporated some of her ideas into mine... the corrugate, the embossing and the Thinlits leaves.


My base is fabric from Tim's Textile Surfaces colored with Vintage Photo Distress Stain. The papers are Authentique Harvest and a free sheet from a Stampington magazine, with heavily distressed edges (scissors and VP Distress ink).


I colored the cheesecloth with more VP Distress Stain. The big bloom is an old Recollections from Michaels, the burlap leaves are by Prima, the smaller inky leaves were cut with Alterations Thinlits Fall Foliage, the natural burlap string is by May Arts.


In addition to distressing the Authentique sentiment ATC edges, I did some splatters using Tim's Speckles Layering Stencil and super heavy gesso by Liquitex. I also applied some with a pallet knife to give it more grunge.


The Stampington paper was embossed with Tim's Blueprint Texture Fade. I applied some Golden Light Molding Paste with the Speckles LS then sprinkled on Distress Vintage Photo embossing power and heat set. That gave it a rusty sort of look. 
The gem is a vintage Prima. The metal corner pieces are from Linda's shop, as are most of my supplies.


The keys epoxy sticker is another ancient item from my stash from a company called Bottle Cap Inc.

I'm entering my decor piece in the following challenges:
Frilly and Funkie - What a "Mesh"
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Tracy said...

Lovely Linda. Lots of great elements for a great fall look. Bet this one was really fun to put together. Hugs!

Mimi said...

Omg, I'm thinking winner, and though there is stiff competition at F&F, your layers are... I can't even... LOL! I love the neutral palette with the bold flower accent and the cheesecloth adding the soft vintage vibe.

Audrey Pettit said...

Omgoodness, the layers! You are killing it with these home decor projects, Linda!!

SewPaperPaint said...

I really love this - absolutely beautiful! :) Hugs, Autumn

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous! I am glad Linda's piece inspired you to play along with us at Frilly and Funkie Challenge. This is beautiful and the layers and the rustic design is fabulous.

Pamellia said...

Wow Linda, this is just amazing! I love all your vintage layers and vibrant autumn colours! Great focal sentiment too! The coloured cheesecloth is the perfect touch to this beauty!! Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for our 'What a Mesh' challenge! Hugs, Pamellia DT :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...