Thursday, November 3, 2016

Thankful and Blessed Art Journal Spread


There has been a drought in Bolivar this year. 
Not just the lack of rain, but the lack of art journaling. I have not remotely had any interest in working in my journals... until this week. I ran across Marta's YouTube I had bookmarked, and after viewing her latest, remembered how much I liked her work and how motivating she is. I grabbed my inks and got to work.


This is a fairly simple spread... just heavy gesso, Distress inks, charcoal pencil, and a bit of stamping. The base is some very old colored tickets, paper scraps and old lace.


The sentiment is Tim's Big Chat stickers.



The Distress inks are Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey, Carved Pumpkin, and Vintage Photo all sponged on with Ranger Mini Blending Foams.


The edging is extra soft charcoal blended with my finger. The stamping is an old autumn set from Joann's inked with Archival Jet Black.


I'm loving' this and may just have started on a revival of art journaling. Who knows!


Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh my gosh that lace looks amazing on your page. Love the idea of incorporating that Linda. Great mix with the other bits and pieces too. My mixed media goodies are getting quite dusty themselves. :-( Maybe I'll get inspired to play soon. Hugs!

Audrey Pettit said...

Glad you got back to your journal! This is so pretty! Love the bits of lace and love all the geometric shapes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...