Monday, August 31, 2015

Fall Black Bird Pocket Card and A New Shop Opening


I don't know if I should admit this, but my card started out as another of my remodels... that I totally messed up. The only thing left of the original is that blue dot doily die cut and the orange leafy flourish (Die-namics.) It would have been faster to just forget the remake, and start fresh, which I eventually did after wasting a couple of hours fooling around with a project that just wasn't meant to be. Still, in the end, I'm pleased with the results.


I have lots of layers here using my pack of Tim Holtz ephemera.


I created this card last week, and had to laugh when I visited my friend, Audrey's blog and saw that she too had used some of the same ephemera pieces. And speaking of Audrey, she has a new shop opening tomorrow, that I'm assuming will be filled with her lovely handmade goodies. Can't wait to see what she has for us! See you over there... maybe we can shop together.


The title of my card is black bird, but this is actually a purple martin... they're black, though, aren't they?


I used my Die-namics Layered Labels set for this piece with the banners.


Some vintage Recollections glittered skeleton leaves, cheesecloth, natural burlap string, orange I Am Roses rosebuds and a black nylon Prima flower (it originally had a grey pearl center that I changed up with the orange rhinestone.)


Hope you all have a great week... a new time to create!

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I must have been thinking of you today because I was singing that old four and twenty black birds baked in a pie nursery rhyme. Hee hee. You are having too much fun with those ephemera pieces. Wonderful project. Hugs!

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGoodness! You KNOW I love this one, my friend!! Look at all those magnificent layers! And that blackbird/purple martin is so cool and works so well for fall or Halloween. I love it, Linda! And thank you SO much for the shout out about my new shop! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...