Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Remake

While going through my
stash of Christmas cards, I realized that there were two things I didn't like about one of my cards. The first thing was the stick pin and the second was the color of the bird.


So I thought this may be
the right time to use that foil liner from my giant can of Coffeemate... it's paper on one side and matte foil on the other. I ran it through the Vagabond with the Alterations Caged Bird die and then the snowflake Texture Fade.


I tapped my Evergreen Boughs 
Distress Ink onto the raised areas. Because of the smooth foil finish, the ink just sort of beaded up, but I really liked the look. I then put on some Whispers Clear Glitter Embossing Powder and heat set it with my new Ranger Heat Tool. I added a clear rhinestone for the eye.


I then added a couple
more beads and another pearl to the stick pin. I'm liking this remake much better than the original. What is your opinion?

Thanks for the visit!
Hugs!
Linda

9 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Oooh, it's beautiful, Linda! Love the sparkle and shine for the holidays. I think the touches of silver look fabulous. Love the embossing on the bird. And love that tinsel trim. :)

cnelson said...

This is so GORGEOUS! LOVE the colors!!

June Houck said...

Beautiful remake, but then again all of your creations are lovely, Linda!

Unknown said...

this is so pretty I love bird cages

Ros said...

I think you are right ... the new one looks more Christmassy with the sparkly bird ... clever idea to use that foil from the coffeemate!

Deb Hickman said...

Beautiful, love the embossed bird.xxx

Stella said...

It's jaw dropping gorgeous; I love the bird and the pin is fabulous!
Hugs,
Stella
X

Tracy said...

I think the color change was just the ticket. It looks really festive now with all that shine. Great remake Linda!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful tag and a beautiful card for Stef.
Congrats on the top 3!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...