Monday, August 13, 2012

Inspiration From Donna

Lately, I have been
spending more and more time in my art journal leaving my card making to times of necessity. What is it about smearing gesso and paint across a page... getting soft gel under your fingernails... sponging ink over a stencil??? I LOVE IT!!! Can't explain why! I absolutely LOVE IT!
This is a page I
just completed after watching Donna's video here.


I had none of the
supplies she used except for gesso and my Cobalt Teal is heavy body not fluid acrylic paint. Can't let that stop us... right?


The bird is chipboard
by Melody Ross for GCD Studio. He's stamped with the dots stamp from the Stampers Anonymous Bitty Grunge set with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. The poppy is from an old stamp set by Sweet 'n Sassy and is colored with Distress Inks in Festive Berries, Peeled Paint and Wild Honey. I highlighted the lines with my Faber-Castell black Pitt pen. My bird is shaded first with Vintage Photo DI, then some shadowing with soft charcoal.
The rays are from that
same SA set and stamped with Mustard acrylic craft paint. They, too, are shadowed with charcoal (told you last week I adore charcoal).


The text is by Authentique
called Diction... so handy! It's shaded with Vintage Photo as are the edges of the page. 
Now, we have several
birthdays coming up in our family, so I have to make some cards this week... but that's not going to keep me from having some messy fun time in my journal.
I'm linking to Julie's - Art Journal Every Day
Have a wonderful evening, girls! Love you all!

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs!
Linda

4 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Another gorgeous page!!

cnelson said...

So FABULOUS! There really is JOY in creation!

Unknown said...

I know exactly what you mean. I just love playing in my journal also.. You page looks amazing.. LOVE IT.. I am off to check out the link.. Thanks.

Hugs~

Davi said...

Love those colors and the lovely dimension!! I think the journals are so fun because your creativity isnt limited, it can go where ever you want :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...