Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Second Floor Challenge #7

This is the first of the
Second Floor Challenges that I am partaking in at Balzer Designs... Challenge #7 is using just five items to create a piece of art.


The five items I chose were:
1. My journal
2. Designer paper
3. Soft gel medium
 4. Acrylic craft paint
5. Brush


Since I couldn't use
scissors, I tore the paper to size. I wasn't sure about using my craft mat either, so I worked directly on my desk.


The brush I chose was
a fine liner for my journaling, so I had to apply the soft gel with my fingers. What a mess what was!!! Then to top it off, I couldn't grab a baby wipe because it wasn't on my five items list... nuts!


A little finger painting.
Then some more adhering with soft gel and paper scraps.


My finished piece.
Certainly not what I had in mind when I started out.


I have learned several
bits of truth through this experience...
1. When those more experienced then me say this is not an easy challenge, listen and don't think you know everything... Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. Proverbs 16:18
2. Paint WILL NOT MOVE on paper that has not been prepped with gesso, etc.
3. Charcoal pencils and Distress Inks will hide a multitude of mistakes and without them every little one will show.
4. Baby wipes are my best friend.
5. I have a long way to go and need a lot of practice.


But I do have HOPE!

Check out what Julie did here and Nathalie's work here.

I'm also linking my pages to:
Crafty Ann's Challenge Blog - #71 Circles

These have been busy,
busy days for the Penmaker and me. Among other things, today we watched two of our grandkids while a third was having a cast put on his fractured arm. This gave us an opportunity to have a picnic lunch in the backyard.




Happy times indeed!


Thank you, Papercraft Star ladies!
My "First Dream Then Set Sail" page won Super Nova!


Have a great day, friends...

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs!
Linda

8 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awesome journal, and what fun you have with those grandkids, backyard picnic, how nice, we can't do anything at the backyard in the summer, just way too hot!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness. What a fun challenge.. You did such a great job. And I am sure it wasn't easy.. You know I love seeing your Art journal.. And it looks like you are enjoying the summer. Thanks for sharing your photos with us..

Hugs~

June Houck said...

Great challenge! Your journal looks terrific...I love the white quote, the dots, and your "Faith" and "Hope" in the circles. beautifully done.

Ros Crawford said...

Fabulous!! So clever my friend ... and I love your photos

cnelson said...

Fabulous project! ! So sorry to hear about your grandson's arm. I sure hope it heals quickly and well. HUGS!

Nathalie Kalbach said...

Wonderful projects- I love what you wrote about what you learned! Thank you so much for joining Julie and me in the 2nd floor challenge. Sorry to hear about your grandkids' Cast- hope it is doing well! Have a wonderful day!

Ann Whitfield said...

Its a fabulous project Linda, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Claire said...

Beautiful Linda, Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ann's and good luck
Claire xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...