Friday, August 24, 2012

X-Treme

Do you save all
your vacation receipts? I generally keep those from hotels. If we want to stay at that particular one again, we have the phone number and a reference as to cost. But why did I put away this receipt from Disney for some gifts we bought our kids? I haven't any idea, but it sure brought back memories of that day. I can remember leaving our hotel and taking photos of each other out in front, the six of us having breakfast at Wolfgang Puck, shopping at Disney Marketplace and then the sad farewell as the Penmaker and I drove off toward Gatlinburg and the kids toward home. I've gotten a lot out of this little old receipt... I have to keep this gem!


This is that awful
background I started here and gave up on. This baby had about twelve layers of gesso, paint, distress stain, inks and molding paste piled on it before I finally liked what I was looking at.


I loved this X from
the Basic Grey Clippings sheet 5th Avenue. I did a little X-tra inking and doodling to get the look I wanted. Family adventures are from Authentique's Diction stickers. I used Crafters Workshop Mini Time Travel and Mini Tile Texture stencils.


Here is that little
slip of paper that caused all those memories to come flooding back to me.
I'm grateful I didn't throw it away!!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs!
Linda

2 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

Terrific page ... this is one beautiful journal

Jane Wetzel said...

beautiful color, style and design. Love everything about it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...