Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Bit Different

This is the card 
I made for my son's thirty-first birthday...


I know, I know...
not your typical birthday card... but believe me... it suites him well.
I used My Mind's Eye
Mischievous collection from last year. Wish I would have stocked up on these... love the grungy look they have.


The leaves were cut
with Sizzix Alterations Tattered Leaves die. Also used their Mini Bat & Skull and Mini Tickets Sets.


I cut the banner
with Spellbinder's Ribbon Banners. The image was purchased last year from an Etsy shop.


The flowers are
I Am Roses and the Recollections orange glittered leaves are a close-out item from Michaels I got last year. It's a good thing I was looking ahead in 2011, because I haven't found much for fall lately that I like aside from Tim Coffey's 12x12 Fall pad.


Seth and Adrienne at our 
favorite Mexican restaurant where we had his birthday dinner. Good times!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Hugs!
Linda

8 comments:

June Houck said...

Oh, this is so pretty! I loved Mischievious too. I ordered some last year, then I ordered more last month :) Not sure if any is left, but I went here: http://www.shoppumpkinspice.com/my-mind-s-eye-mischeivious.html

Your card is wonderful. I hope your dh has a wonderful birthday!

Unknown said...

That is one supercool birthday card Linda and I adore this! It has such pretty colours and fab embellishments! I just made a Halloween birthday card for my BIL, too, yes, maybe we're a bit unusual but then again we know for whom we've made our cards, right? Take care, Ira x
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Duaa said...

This looks brilliant! The assortment of flowers and that skull and those leaves are wonderful!

Duaa

cnelson said...

The card is GORGEOUS and 'm sure it was absolutely the PERFECT card for him! LOVE it! Looks like a FUN birthday dinner!

Ros Crawford said...

What a super card! You always add such lovely embellishments ... This is a treasure!

jacirascrap said...

Que belas camadas voce fez!!! Surpreendente cartão!!

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGosh, I LOVE this! What an awesome birthday card, Linda!!!

lauren bergold said...

i actually think it is a PERFECTLY AWESOME birthday card, but if one were on the fence, seeing the cute dude in the big hat would convince one... this card is HIM!!! (& i mean that in a very verrrrry GOOD way!!!) ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...