Saturday, October 27, 2012

In Thy Presence

I haven't done any
art journaling for a couple weeks. It's something I really need to stay up with... like stretches and exercises. It's vital!


This page started out
with a piece of primitive star tissue adhered with gel medium... some dry brushing with Yellow Ochre and Red Ochre acrylic paint. Shadowing on the stars with soft charcoal then a bit of stamping using Archival Jet Black ink and Stampers Anonymous Curious Possibility set. Grabbing my Crafter's Workshop Mini Punchinella stencil, I randomly laid down some Coffee Archival. Now a little finger painting with Titanium White acrylic for some highlights.


The text was stamped 
onto a book page that I glued to cardstock for reinforcement. It, too, was applied with gel medium... then outlined with my White Gelly Roll pen and shadowed with charcoal. I finished with Black Soot Distress Ink rubbed around the edges of my page. Quick and easy! 

I'm linking my page at:
Balzer Designs - Art Journal Every Day
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes

Be sure to visit Julie's
blog here and check out what's coming for December!


Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs!
Linda

5 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

I just love this Linda! It's so pretty, so when I saw it pop up in my feed, I had to stop by and take a peek. I really hope you will consider linking and sharing this at Word Art Wednesday so everyone from WAW can see it. Hope you're having a relaxing Saturday, and a great weekend.
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday

Unknown said...

I like the way you did the title. It makes you want to look for the underlying message.

Jane Wetzel said...

great text- LOVE the page

Ros Crawford said...

I love to see your pages ... this is a superb journal which will be a family treasure for years to come ... hope you are feeling better

Audrey Pettit said...

Wow! Just love your art journal pages!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...