Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Smiles Gone Postal

Tearing up some scraps
of 7 Gypsies Postal "Grid" and a sheet of Kaisercraft Timeless "Butterflies", I put together this page in my art journal...





A pretty simple page...
after applying the papers with gel medium and drying, I rubbed on a bit of red orchre acrylic paint. 


I sponged on Mustard
Seed and Persimmon Distress Inks using my Chicken Wire Crafters Workshop stencil. Then with the Chevron Arrows stencil, I added a layer of molding paste.


Black Soot Distress Ink 
frames the page and Clear Rock Candy Stickles glamours up the butterfly. 74 is semi-outlined with a white Gelly Roll pen and Donna Downey's "Smiles" by Unity Stamp Co provides the text... and describes my demeanor when I look at my creation!
I'm linking up to:
Balzer Designs - Art Journal Every Day

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs!
Linda

4 comments:

June Houck said...

Hooray for beautiful scraps and the resulting lovely journal page :)

Ros Crawford said...

Another fabulous page ... my that journal is one work of art!

Duaa said...

Wonderful journal page

Audrey Pettit said...

Soooo fabulous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...