Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Donuts And Coffee

Every Tuesday morning
the Penmaker and I jump in the car and head to Walnut Creek to do our grocery shopping. It's about a twenty-five minute drive over to Amish country, and we pass several less expensive stores on our way there. So why do it??? Well, a couple reasons... delicious coffee and melt in your mouth fresh, glazed donuts (both free to shoppers), cozy tables on the balcony, over-looking the store where we can sit and discuss our plans for the day, and friendly, unhurried people!
So, now that I'm fortified
with sugar and caffeine, I'll show you another tag...


This is made with the
smaller #5 manilla tag that I covered with a scrap of "Chevron" paper from My Mind's Eye All Is Bright collection. The edges were sponged with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


The vintage image is from
The Graphics Fairy. I get my seam binding for my bows from Prairie Bird Boutique on Etsy. This one is topped with a button and a chipboard piece from MME's Follow Your Heart button pack. It's tied on with a piece of aqua Baker's twine from my stash.


The other two chipboard 
elements are from the MME All Is Bright 12x12 chipboard accessories sheet. I added a couple TPC Studio rhinestones for some sparkle.


I am lovin' this collection!

I'm entering my tag at:
Anything Goes Challenge Blog - Tags
Sugar Creek Hollow - Vintage Christmas

Now I want you to
think about joining the Penmaker and me for a donut and coffee next week!

Thanks for the lovely visit!
Hugs!
Linda

10 comments:

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous, Linda!! I absolutely love the image!! The Merry Christmas tag is so pretty!! Your weekly coffee and donut trip sounds like so much fun!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tracy said...

So lovely Linda. :-) I love the blue and white together and that image is so beautiful. Your shopping place sounds like heaven. Are all the groceries calorie free too? LOL It took me three photos to get in all the stuff I bought at the Scrapbook store. :-) I could have really bought more but hated to make my parents wait around for me to walk the aisles any longer. Hugs!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Your tag is so delightful and fun and I love the vintage image and soft colours.

Audrey Pettit said...

What a lovely place to grocery shop! Sounds like a little bit of bliss to me! No wonder you pass up other stores on your way there. :) Sure wish I could join you two!
Really LOVE this tag, Linda! My word, you make the MOST fabulous tags! Love the aqua and love that sweet vintage image. The big bow and chipboard tag are so sweet. Really love the little bit of bling you added to the other piece, too!

Ros Crawford said...

Your shopping trip sounds wonderful ... can't ever imagine getting free coffee here never mind donuts! Beautiful tag ... I love the colours on this

Unknown said...

I would love to meet you two crafty people for coffee.. Sounds so yummy right now.. I have my coffee but no donuts. Your tag is so gorgeous. Love that image.

Hugs~

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous vintage tag, love the details and embellishments. Thank you for joining us at SCH this week.
Yvonne

Anonymous said...

o my gosh what is this store????wish we had one here in new york??? sounds absolutely lovely i cannot remember the last time i had a glazed donut but it sounds heavenly... your tag is wonderful i love love love the colors...the aqua is sooooo pretty and your image lovely...always a treat to see your beautiful cards...
hugs
lizzi

Patti P. said...

Wish I could join you! Love the store name as well. Your tag is gorgeous, the MME sets are so pretty and you have designed the tag beautifully and what a simply beautiful image! So glad you could share this week at Sugar Creek Hollow.

Patti SCH/DT

Joanie said...

Oh this is so sweet. Lovely.

Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...