Monday, November 19, 2012

Rejoice! Christmas Tag

This tag began by
being drug through Distress Inks... Peeled Paint, Evergreen Bough and Vintage Photo... that had been laid down on my craft mat then spritzed with water. After a drying with my heat tool, I sponged on more inks then gave it a spray with Perfect Pearls Mist in Heirloom Gold, and distressed the edges with Tonic's Paper Distresser.


I stamped on Jet Black
Archival ink with the music score stamp from Skipping Stones Design "Timeless Textures" set. I pierced a row of holes across the bottom using the Idea-ology Design Ruler and Tonic Craft Pick, and put in Idea-ology Mini Fasteners in the Old Gold finish.


I cut the shanks off of
three vintage gold buttons and applied with Tombow Mono glue. The banner is made with Spellbinders  Ribbon Banners die and a piece of My Mind's Eye paper from my scrap box. I edged it with my Zig Painty Pen in Gold and stamped it with JB Archival and an old sentiment set from Sweet 'n Sassy.


I made the rosette using
Alterations Mini Rosette Decorative Strip, spritzed it with Golden Sleigh Bells Starburst spray from Lindy's Stamp Gang and glued on a piece of tinsel trim. It's topped with two snowflakes cut with Alterations Mini Snowflakes. I added gold rhinestones to the snowflakes, the banner and one of the buttons for a shot of bling.


I colored the seam binding
with the same three Distress Inks and teamed it with a piece of fiber from my stash. Ahhhh good! Now I have two tags done. I'd better get moving... so many more to do!

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs!
Linda

5 comments:

Lisa said...

What an elegant and beautiful tag, Linda!! I love the embellishments you added!! Absolutely gorgeous!! Have a great week :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Linda Visser - van der Velden said...

Lovely tag! I really like your creations, so I directly became follower :)

Ros Crawford said...

Such a lovely tag ... I love what you did with the inks ... and the rosette is so pretty

Audrey Pettit said...

OMWORD, this is absolutely stunning, Linda!! Holy Wowzers!!

Unknown said...

An awesome tag my friend. I love it.

Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...