Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Valentine Wall Hanging & Some Sneak Peeks


How about a bit of decor today?
My daughter asked me to create a piece of hanging paper art for her. Using the specs she gave me, I made her this Valentine wall hanging. Not totally paper though. The base is a thin piece of 6x9 chipboard covered with Warm & Natural needled cotton batting.


This is great stuff... as you can see by the label it's an ideal batting for quilt making, as I know so many of you do. I bought my package of W&N a couple of years ago for a sewing project, but have used the bulk of the package mixed with patterned paper for mini albums, cards, etc. I love the look it adds to an otherwise plain paper project. It gives some wonderful texture and warmth. If you Google it, you can find it nearly anywhere. I bought mine from our nearby Joann's store.


I made the banner from it as well, adding on the LOVE letters cut with Alterations Vintage Market Alphabet Strip, and tied with pink May Arts burlap string. (Side note: As per the sneak peeks at the end of this post... there are some fabulous new alpha dies coming soon.)


She wanted a Song of Solomon verse and I chose 2:4. 


The paper collection is My Mind's Eye Record It Heirloom with some bits of various other scraps from my Valentine stash. I cut the doily with Tim Holtz Thinlits Doily die.


My image is a digi. The frame was cut with Tim's Ornate Frame 2.


The florals are a combination of I Am Roses, Recollections roses from Michaels (These came in the Michael's round tins just loaded with a variety of sizes and shades as well as a stash of beautiful green leaves. I got them on clearance and bought all they had), foliage cut with Thinlits Garden Greens, and a bow of the pink burlap string.


Beside them along the left edge of the hanging, is a strip of white tulle and pearl trim. I added a couple half pearls to the frame to match.


The silver heart key is from my stash and might be from Linda's shop The Funkie Junkie Boutique. I finished the wall hanging with eyelets in the top corners and threaded through some pink Celebrate It ribbon from Michaels.

You are all probably aware of Tim's Sneak Peeks on his blog these last two weeks. In case you missed them, I want to show you a couple of my favorites from the Stampers Anonymous line that have been moved to my want list.

Stampers Anonymous









This is just a start. I'd like to show you more of what's coming in the next few months. Please check back.
Only one more day to CHA/Creativation 2017! I can't wait!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

SewPaperPaint said...

What a lovely project Linda! This is really beautiful, especially with the scripture accent! Hugs, Autumn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...