Friday, February 10, 2012

To My Valentine

Seems that I can't get 
enough pink. It's never been my favorite color, but how can you make a Valentine card without it?


My pink gingham was 
a scrap of Kiwi paper in my stash. (Sure wish I had more of it.) I paired it with paper from the My Mind's Eye Portobello Road 6x6 Designer Paper Pad. The Distress Ink is Worn Lipstick.


The mini envelope 
is from The Paper Company and I embossed it with the Cuttlebug Birds & Swirls Folder. The hearts were cut with Spellbinder's Classic Hearts and embellished with Rock Candy Stickles. The flourish was cut with Die-namics Leafy Flourish. The jewels are TPC Studios My Funny Valentine. The buttons came from "Summer of Love" Pixie kit from last June.


The Strawberry Shortcake 
seam binding is also from the SOL kit and the Girls' Paperie Vintage Whimsy metal charm is from the July "Midsummer Night's Dream" kit. I made the flower from a Webster's Pages trim with a mini rose sprayed with Lindy's Stamp Gang Cotton Candy Pink Starburst for the center.
I am entering my card at:
Shopping Our Stash - Hearts, Valentines and/or Lace

Thank you for the visit!
Hugs!
Linda

11 comments:

Deb Hickman said...

I love pink, your card is so sweet, what a lovely image. Have a good weekend.xxxx

~amy~ said...

pink, i love pink...such a fun card!

Audrey Pettit said...

This is just beautiful, Linda! Such a sweet vintage inspired Valentine! I am most intrigued by your use of that Webster's trim. LOVE!

cnelson said...

Absolute FABULOUSNESS!!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card what valentine wouldn't just love it

Marie Bingaman said...

Oooooo, whee! That is some lotta pink! I loooooooove me that seam binding, Linda! :)

Tracy said...

Oh gosh this is like a cotton candy confection! Gorgeous Linda! Love the little Valentine tucked in there. So beautifully sweet. :-) Hugs!

Unknown said...

I just love popping in here my friend.. Your cards are always so Gorgeous.. This one included.. I love it!!!!

Hugs, Linda

Karen Letchworth said...

This is just beautiful, soft and lovely, Linda. Thanks for sharing it. WOW! I also wanted to let you know that the Word Art Wednesday Blog Hop has been a great success, and is open through Monday. We love having your beautiful work in our challenges as well. Your work is always a blessing to us. Hope to see you soon, and have a great week!
Blessings,
Karen L
wordartwednesay.blogspot.com
karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

lauren bergold said...

it's impressive you can do *THIS* and still claim not to be a huuuuuge fan of pink, since clearly PINK love ♥YOU♥ missus!!!!! this is LUSCIOUS, my nieces would fight over it... but they'd have to fight *ME* the hardest, lol!!!!!!! ♥♥♥

Leslie Hanna said...

I don't like pink at ALL, but I like this card. Go figure. :) I really like all the bits and detail you've added. Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...