Saturday, November 30, 2013

School Memories Mini Album


Here is the first completed
album of the four I have been working on for the last couple of weeks. I had a slight delay in finishing this because I decided I needed the Prima School Memories flowers and had to order them online. I placed the order with A Cherry on Top and got excellent service... they came within a few days. Love that!!!


As I said, the album is
created using Prima's School Memories collection... both 12" x 12" and 6" x 6" papers, and is for our granddaughter, Penny, to put in all her school photos and treasures.  The cover is loaded with layers and includes a My Mind's Eye brad, Idea-ology Muse Token with a Long Fastener, Prima Serenity flower, Artisan Chipboard Stars from Pink Paislee, May Arts ivory burlap string, a Prima wood button from the Engraver collection and some Petaloo blooms. I made the oak leaves with a Martha Stewart punch and used my Stub Corner Chomper to make the ruler ticket.


The album cover was made
following Laura Denison's instructions for a wrapped cover and the pages are put together using her Stack the Deck process. I gave the cover a coat of Golden's Matte Gel Medium for durability. I don't want those alphas falling off.


The base of these pages
are Paper Studios kraft bags in the 4.63" x 2.88" x 8.63" size.


I created a pocket on the
inside cover and tucked in two photo mats. The alphas are by Crate Paper.


Each of the kraft paper bag
pages have a folded over flap that creates a shallow pocket to tuck in a journaling tag....


and a double pocket at the end
of the page that holds two double-sided photo mats.  The tabs on the photo mats are made from a 2" x 1.5" piece of kraft cardstock and punched with the Scallop Corner Chomper and the small hole on the Crop-A-Dile. The metal 4 is from Idea-ology and the brad is by My Mind's Eye.


Another My Mind's Eye
brad holding this mini notebook together. The tiny blooms are from Petaloo.


These tags are from the Graphic 
45 An ABC Primer collection and are tied with red May Arts burlap string.


An Idea-ology pen nib
and a sticker from Cosmo Cricket's Tiny Text Love adorn this page. We are not quite halfway through, so I'll end the tour here and finish up on my next post.
Have a wonderful weekend, friends!

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

6 comments:

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! I love each page!! They look amazing!! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

WOW! You are the queen of these mini albums. This looks amazing. You never miss a single detail my friend. I LOVE it.

Hugs~

Ros Crawford said...

My goodness!! This is beautiful (well, all your albums are)! I love the bright colours and what a treasure for your granddaughter ... How I would have loved something like this when I was a child ...

Tracy said...

Your minis are always a treat for the eyes Linda. Fabulous job! Hugs!

Audrey Pettit said...

OMGosh, seriously, Linda!! You make the BEST mini albums ever! I am totally floored at all the gorgeous detail to this....all the little pockets and interactive bits. What a gorgeous, gorgeous keepsake. I know your granddaughter is going to have so much fun filling this with her school treasures!

Unknown said...

Amazing looking album Linda, love the fabulous details, so pretty! So sorry for having been MIA for such a long time, my neck is much better now, but only a couple of days ago I lost my MIL, hence the silence on my part. Hope you're doing good though. Take care, Ira x
Ira’s Crea Corner

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...