Friday, June 6, 2014

Delight Pocket Card Plus A Buckeye Burl Pen


With taking care of our
seven month old granddaughter during the day, putting in a vegetable garden, planting annuals and weeding, the days have been pretty busy. I have dozens of ideas for projects, but not a whole lot of energy toward evening. Since it rained nearly all of Wednesday, I was able to make a card during Adelaide's nap times. I have an almost untouched pad of Prima's Delight in my box for 6x6 pads. They're lovely patterns, but as usual, I would rather hold on to a treasure than use it. Why is that such a hard thing for me to do? Still, I broke down and pulled out a couple sheets and paired them up with a 12x12 Kaisercraft Curiosity piece call "Extraordinary Paper"... of which it certainly is (love that collection.)

Extraordinary Paper


The layers consist of
 Delight paper snippets and tags, a Prima doily (which is really a section of one of their newer trims), a Sizzix Vintage Doily, an assortment of I Am Roses flowers, and foliage cut with Martha Stewart's Branch punch and Alterations Spring Greenery. I added a few Prima Say It In Crystals from the Time Traveler collection, as well.


I cut out the tag using
more Delight... backing two sheets together, punching a hole and adding a silver We R Memory Keepers wide eyelet and dyed crinkled seam binding. The stamping was done with Walnut Stain Distress and Tim Holtz Stuff To Say and Boundless Flight sets.


The Penmaker has created
this gorgeous writing instrument with buckeye burl. The wood is just incredible... I wish you could hold this in your hand and see it in real life... so amazing! He is testing some new finishes for a company, so has been spending more time in his tiny workshop. It's just not right that I have this entire room for my art and he is squeezed into one miniscule space. It certainly doesn't seem to hinder his abilities, though.
I'm so happy you came
for a visit. Please drop in again soon, and if you have time, I would love for you to leave a comment.

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

3 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

Gorgeous pocket card, Linda! Such beautiful papers, and you have such a knack for adding the perfect embellishments! and I have to say, your use of the spring greenery die is so inspiring! LOVE this latest pen, too. That burl is stunning!

Unknown said...

You are both just so very creative Linda! Love your pocket card with all these pretty details and the new pen is just so stylish! Have a great weekend.
Ira’s Crea Corner

Ros Crawford said...

Wonderful creations from you both ... I love your attention to detail ... I'm sure looking after a 7month old can be very tiring ... finding time to create such beautiful work is a credit to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...