Friday, June 13, 2014

Sister, Mother And Me Photo Album Page With A Spalted Maple Pen

Hi again on a 
wet and rainy Friday in Ohio. Baby Adelaide is still napping, so I just MIGHT have time to write this. I'll give it a go anyway.


I worked in my new
photo album (I guess it's really more of a journal) last night, and created this spread. The photo is a copy of one when I was around two. My poor mom looks so tired here. I wonder if I was wearing her out.
The pages have a base of gesso.
I dabbed on some Broken China distress stain and blended in Faded Jeans distress ink using my sponge applicator. I did a little stamping with Archival jet black ink and Stampers Anonymous Stuff To Say and Boundless Flight. Added more Faded Jeans using Crafter's Workshop Confetti stencil. Sponged on lots of Walnut Stain distress around the edges. The checkerboard resist canvas is by Prima and is colored with the two blues previously used. The Vintage Doily die is by Sizzix and the Chit Chat sticker words are from Idea-ology.


The trims are from
my stash... old cotton lace, tiny rick rack and buttons.
Now from the Penmaker...


This beauty is made
from stabilized spalted maple that's been dyed green in the spalted sections. When the died is put into those sections, it stays within the spalted areas and doesn't seep out. 


I would be happy to have a 
comment from you if you have time. Hope you all have a wonderful, relaxing weekend. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful and wonderfully detailed page, and so personal, too, love the background colours, so pretty! And that new pen, wowzers, absolutely stunning!
Ira’s Crea Corner

Ros Crawford said...

What a super photo and you did it justice with your fine and beautiful work ... And another stunning pen from the Penmaker!

Audrey Pettit said...

What an awesome journal page, Linda! I really love the scattering of buttons and the fun background stamping. Great use of the bits of trim, too. What a fun photo that is. Love how you added the word stickers to it. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...