Friday, June 27, 2014

Nature Walk On Portobello Road


Recently I've obtained
two Alterations Decorative Strip dies that are really getting a workout... Spring Greenery and Birds in Flight. I've teamed them up on this pocket card with a Spellbinder's old classic... Large Circles. The papers are 7 Dots Studio Nature Walk "Songbird" and a very old My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Portobello Road 6x6 pad. There is hardly anything left in this pad... only two full sheets and some scraps. It's certainly been a good investment as I've loved this pad to the end... beautiful patterns.
I cut two sets of the
Birds in Flight. One from the PR, and the other from plain black cardstock. They're both layered with foam 3-D tape as is the ring.
I did machine stitching on
all the mat layers and distressed the edges with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. The tag is finished with a wide bronze eyelet and seam binding colored with Walnut Stain and Iced Spruce DI.


The flowers are from
I Am Roses. I colored the two curly roses by sponging Iced Spruce DI onto the petal edges. The arrangement started with a piece of cheesecloth with a layer of my lovely green Spanish Moss. I tucked in a bit of natural jute string also. The Spring Greenery foliage was cut from "Songbird" and an olive shade of Kraft Core cardstock.
We've had days and days
of rain here. The plus side of that is that our green beans have shot up at record speed. I'm praying for some good meals of beans and potatoes in the near future.
Have a wonderful weekend!

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

3 comments:

Audrey Pettit said...

I've so loved all your projects using the spring greenery die, Linda, and now I'm excited to see you work your magic with the birds in flight, too. SO clever how you shadowed the birds with the black cardstock! I love how you framed the bird on the paper with the circle, too, and the cluster of flowers is amazing. Really love the whole design of this cute pocket and tag, Linda! Well done, my friend!

Unknown said...

You never cease to amaze me with your wonderfully layered projects Linda, here's another delicate creation, just lovely!
Ira’s Crea Corner

Ros Crawford said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! Have a great weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...