Thursday, July 27, 2017

Praying For You Card and a Product Review


Hi sweet friends!
I'm working on replenishing my stash of easy mailing cards... as opposed to those I have to send in padded envelopes. I like working on pre-made card blanks to speed up the process, and I generally buy them at Pat Catan's or Joann's stores.


I was hoping to go quickly on this, but ended up taking almost as much time as I do on a fancier card. The base mat and doily are colored cardstock and the layers are Prima's Rossi Belle, with some fussy-cutting. I added some Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling Clear Confetti Mix and an ivory burlap string bow. I heat embossed my sentiment using Ranger's Super Fine Gold Embossing Powder.


Recently I purchased the Tim Holtz Guillotine Comfort Paper Trimmer by Tonic. I saw Jennifer McGuire using one on her YouTube videos, and thought that's just what I need. My Fiskars trimmer is okay, but the cutting blade falls off and it doesn't always cut straight. So, seeing I could get one at The Funkie Junkie Boutique for a good price, I decided to give it a go.


Here is what I've discovered in my first week of use:

  • It is light weight, and as my working surface space is small, I have to move it back and forth from table to crafting station, that's a definite plus.
  • It cuts smoothly and straight.
  • It has a grid pattern (which I love) plus rulers at each end.
  • Since I'm terrified I'll cut myself, the protective plastic shield is a big positive.
My only negative so far:
  • It only cuts up to eight and a half inches. I do a lot of pocket cards that are cut twelve by five and a quarter. So I have to pull out the old Fiskars tool for those.
This is a tool I'm extremely happy to have paid the money for, and definitely recommend you checking it out. I'll be even happier when Tonic decides to make one to handle twelve by twelve sheets.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...