Monday, October 14, 2013

Simple Treasures Journal Mini Album Part 3


This post is a continuation
of a five part series on a mini album I recently made following Laura Denison's Ustream videos at
For those of you who
would enjoy making a mini album for the coming holidays, Laura has a Christmas version of this same journal mini album. She had a complete kit available, but she sells out rather quickly. You can check it out on her blog here or her store here. As I said previously, I used my own stash since I had most of the same materials already on hand. (Hummm... I wonder if that means I buy too much!) 

Here is today's installment...

page ten

This page is one that
I made myself using watercolor paper. I cut it 5 1/2" instead of the 7" which is the size of those that came in the Prima Mixed Media Album kit (and the width of Laura's Vintage Vanity Album). I forgot to mention on the previous posts that pages three/four and nine were also of the watercolor paper and the smaller size.


Side pocket with mat.


Front tri-fold mat.


Tons of real estate
for photos... you can get two 5 x 7" on these if you wish or several smaller sizes.

page eleven

Front pocket with a mat.


With the front mat removed,
you can see the side mat that slips into the pocket formed by the semi-transparent bag. I was actually able to put on two of those bags since my pages were larger than Laura's original ones. We created our own tags following her basic instructions.

page twelve

Side pocket with mat.


Front slit-pocket with mat 
created with Prima Printables Notecard. Laura did a segment of coloring techniques for the Printables, but I liked mine in the natural color. To each his own, right?


Flap under the Printable mat.

page thirteen

This page features one
of Laura's ingenious ideas using Prima packaging. This front flap is a repurposed partial piece of a Finnabair Elements package.


On the back of the flap
is a coin envelope pocket with tag. The back part of the packaging forms another pocket. Again... lots of real estate!!!
That's all for today, friends!

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

2 comments:

Ros Crawford said...

My goodness ... I didn't realise there was more to come ... This is a labour of love without a doubt!

Audrey Pettit said...

My goodness, what an amazing project! I am just floored by all the detail and all the hidden pockets and compartments. Really gorgeous, Linda!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...