Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A Layout On Wood


This piece of wood, left over 
from another project, seemed like a perfect size for a layout. It looks like it may be cherry, but I can't be sure... and the Penmaker is running his lathe at full speed so I can't ask him. Nevertheless, it's a pretty piece of wood, so I got out my Prima Stationer's Deck collection and pulled this together. It ended up about 8.5" x 5.5".


Being on wood, I wanted
it to have the old worn look I love. I tore the edges of my first sheet of paper, sponged on Walnut Stain Distress Ink and glued it down with a brushed on coat of Golden gel medium (matte).



 I then added layers... lots of them.


The pen nib and mini 
paper clip are from Idea-ology. The metal piece above the nib is from Recollections. I used two dies; Alterations Ornate Frame and Sizzix Vintage Doily. I backed the photo with black chipboard and used some also for the frame. The black doily is from an Etsy shop. The Flair Button is from Prima's Everyday Vintage.



The screw heads are from 
Prima, as is the metal Vintage Trinket foliage piece and the fabric flower. I stamped the larger Vintage Doily with Faded Jeans DI using a crackle stamp from the Stampers Anonymous Classics #7 set.


I'm linking up at:
Eclectic Paperie ePlay Challenge - Wood

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

12 comments:

A Joyful Chaos said...

So pretty!

Lou Sims said...

Adore, adore, adore. Fantastic and original. Lou x

Ros Crawford said...

Wow!! That's amazing! Terrific piece of art!

Unknown said...

Fabulous creation Linda, love all the layers, papers and details!
Ira’s Crea Corner

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, I absolutely adore this!! What a stunning project!! The layers are fabulous!! Simply gorgeous!! I hope you have a happy and blessed Easter weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Tracy said...

You have transformed that simple piece of wood into a masterpiece Linda. Perfect layers and tons of wonderful metal accents. Just beautiful! Hugs and happy Easter!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

An absolutely beautiful project!!!!!

Julia Aston said...

what a lovely project decorating up that simple piece of wood - love the layers and framings - a wonderful framework for that lovely photo! Thank you for joining the eplay wood challenge at eclectic Paperie!

Davi said...

FABulous creation Linda!! Love all those layers and so many cool embellies make it just perfect to show off your beautiful photo :)

Micki said...

Wonderful layout. LOVE that it's on wood, which makes it so great to display. And I really like all the different embellishments!!!!! Thanks so much in playing along with us in our ePlay April Challenge.

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, I absolutely LOVE this, Linda! How amazingly creative to build a layout on a panel of wood! Love, love, LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous project Linda, love the frame and the colours you've used. Thanks for joining us at eclectic Paperie. Sue C x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...